This weeks (Wednesday May 21) Xbox Live Arcade game is Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One. The first thing you notice and what many will talk about, is its price. 1600 points for and Arcade game is a lot more than what I’m willing to pay for an XBLA game.
The first episodic RPG-Adventure game to grace Xbox LIVE Arcade, “Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One” is the result of a collaboration between Hothead Games and Penny Arcade. The first episode sends players to a deranged 1920s comic-book-meets-pulp-horror universe called New Arcadia. Armed with unconventional weaponry, players join forces with Gabe and Tycho of the Startling Developments Detective Agency to make war on bizarre enemies and solve the mysteries hidden deep in the sinister heart of New Arcadia. (gamerscoreblog.com)
The wonderfully strange and hilarious minds of Penny Arcade creators Mike “Gabe” Krahulik and Jerry “Tycho” Holkins have joined with legendary game designer Ron Gilbert and veteran producers Hothead Games to bring you the insanity that is Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness: Episode One. This first installment of the episodic role-playing adventure game series is set in the highly stylized 1920s universe of New Arcadia filled with bizarre characters, outrageous combat, and adult humor.
- Create-A-Player system: Create and develop your very own character to participate in the adventure.
- Episodic content: Penny Arcade Adventures keeps the fun going with new material released regularly, with pick up and play capabilities from any episode, and the ability to carry over your character’s appearance, stats, and inventory from episode to episode.
- Dynamic combat: The turn-based combat system features over-the-top animations and team-up moves during enemy battles.
- Role-playing adventure: The classic adventure-style gameplay combines with RPG elements for a mysterious and puzzling good time.
- Twisted goodness: The crazed geniuses behind Penny Arcade promise a thrilling and wild ride, with story and dialogue written by written by Jerry “Tycho” Holkins and art by Mike “Gabe” Krahulik. Working with Gabe and Tycho of the Startling Developments Detective Agency, it will be your job to resolve the chaos and solve the mysteries of New Arcadia.