Apple have released info on what new features and update that will come in version 3.0 of the iPhone OS. I’m not a iPhone user and will probably never be (but you never say never), but I think that some of the features should have been there from the start.
Some feature of the iPhone OS 3.0 taken from Engadget:
- Peer-to-peer connectivity over Bluetooth for gaming and other info-swapping
- Developers can now build apps that call out to Google Maps, and can also finally bring Apple-blessed turn-by-turn to the phone
- Cut, copy and paste
- MMS, along with forward and delete for multiple messages
- Unlocked Bluetooth functionality on 2G iPod touch
- A2DP stereo Bluetooth
- Landscape view available for Mail, Text and Notes
- YouTube account support
Engadget have also so kindly made a video walkthrough of the new firmware which you can watch in the embeded video bellow.