Black Friday is a known shopping day in USA. It’s the friday after Thanksgiving. The shops usually have great deals. But, luckily for you and me. Amazon.com started their Black Friday sale this Monday, November 23. A hole week of shopping and probably good deals. So rembember to check Amazon.com every day.
Today is the big firmware update day for Sony. The updates in them selves aren’t big, but Playstation 3 will be updated to v3.10 and Playstation Portable will get v6.10.
PS3 update 3.10 include:
- The Photo category on the XMB has been revamped to make it easier to see more of your photos stored on the PS3.
- The PSN Friends List has been modified based on feedback we received after update 3.00. Additionally, you can now choose a color for your PSN ID on the XMB.
PSP update 6.20:
- Digital Comics Reader – PlayStation Network Digital Comics is a new service launching in December. It will allow you to download hundreds of classic and new comics from the PlayStation Store and read them page by page or frame by frame on your PSP system. Firmware update (v6.20) includes the Digital Comics reader application, which you’ll find under a new section called “Extras” on the XMB. Please note, the comic reader is an additional download; once you’ve loaded (v6.20) onto your system, simply click on the comic reader icon under “Extras” to download it to your PSP. In addition, you’ll be able to try out a free digital comic sample from the service soon. Visit www.playstationcomics.com for more information.
- Export video/photo playlists – This is a new feature that allows you to export your video and photo playlists from your PC to your PSP system through Media Go. Download the latest version of Media Go (v1.3) for this and a few additional enhancements.
According to Joytstiq.com the Digital Comic Reader will be available to Australia, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Kingdom and the United States in December. France, Italy, Germany and Spain will get it early 2010. Japan will get a manga service slightly earlier.
Under is a video from the PS3 update.
Today Nintendo in Europe released three WiiWare demos for download. You can download the demo of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord, BIT.TRIP Beat and NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits. they are only available for download until 31st January, 2010. You find the demos in Wii Shop Channel under Demo in Search by Genre in WiiWare.
So three demos isn’t much, but is a small start. I do hope Nintendo will release more demos. From my own experience on Xbox 360, some of my Xbox Live Arcade titles are bought after I’ve tested the demo.
I’ve recored some gameplay of all the three demos and took some screenshoot too, which you can see at the bottom of this post.
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a Darklord
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
This blogpost is for everyone who lives in Europe, have a Nintendo Wii and haven’t connected it online you. In October Nintendo of Europe launched their Connection Ambassador Promotion. This is for helping all those of you who haven’t connected your Wii’s to Internet.
The benefit is for both of us. I give you my Nintendo Wii number which is 6418 – 9480 – 9127 – 7277, and you give your Wii number to me. You can post it in the comment or sendt it to me. Follow the instruction on Nintendo.co.uk on how to do it. When everything is done, we will each get 500 Nintendo Wii Points to spend on games from the Wii Shop Channel.
I help you, and you help me.
So Retro Gamer issue 70 is out, and here is some of the suff you can read:
- Back to the Eighties – October 1987
- Back to the Nineties – May 1992
- Tales From Monkey Island
- The Making of… Jet Force Gemini
- The Classic Game – Gribbly’s Day Out
- Why You Must Play… Dragon Ninja
- The Top 25 Dreamcast Games
- The Making of… Switchblade
- Retroinspection: Neo Geo Aes
- The Making of… The Empire Strikes Back
Retro Gamer can be ordered from ImageShop.co.uk.
This is the English translation/rewrite of my original Norwegian blogpost.
I’ve been an a-ha fan since I could read and in the late 80ies I had a mixtape for a-ha songs only. When I found out this summer that a-ha was having a concert in Oslo, Norway, I thought that I had to go.
The ticket for this concert was suddenly more valuable, since a-ha decided that this is it. And before I knew it I had also purchased tickets to the farewell concert 4 December next year. So I got tickets for two shows before I even had been on an a-ha concert.
a-ha hold two concerts in Oslo on, respectively on Friday 6 and Saturday 7 November. I was on the last of these two. This concert is part of Foot Of The Mountain – Tour 2009. Both concerts were sold out and the atmosphere was good already when donkey boy warmed up.
a-ha started with The Sun Always Shines On TV. And we heard both Stay on These Roads, Hunting High And Low and Velvet. With a little help from Dagbladet, a-ha sung 21 songs (I do not count songs when I’m on a concert). And finally, we heard Take On Me, the song that gave the a-ha their great breakthrough in 1985.
I think it was a cracking good gig. Paul Savoy, Magne Furuholmen and Morten Harket did well on stage. The audience was so completely present and sang a long. When Morten Harket announced the last song, Foot Of The Mountain, the audience in Spektrum rose and clapped and joyed through the whole song. This was not the last tune from a-ha guys though. And ofcourse, there was also the encore which was completed with Take On Me. It was a great concert, too bad that the time flew away so fast.
Below you’ll see a short video clip I’ve put together from the concert recored with my cellphone.
Fortunately, it is not quite the end of a-ha yet. Next year starts the farewell tour. This will probably give them a boost in both career, record sales and media coverage. It will be exciting to see how many years it takes a-ha to get back together after the last concert in Oslo 4 December next year. I’m lookinng forward to this concert.
The pictures I posted with the Creative Commons license, and are taken with mobile camera in the dark from a distance.
It’s getting closer to the release of New Super Mario Bros. Wii for Nintendo Wii. From the video I’ve seen, the game look great and I can’t wait for the game to ship. IGN.com have made a preview of the game wich you can watch bellow.