A video of how to create a Mii character from scratch on the Nintendo 3DS.
Microsoft held their press conference on Monday June 14, the day before E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) started.
It was not what I hoped for. They startet with showing trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops, Gears of War 3, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Halo: Reach and Fable III. And the rest of the show was for their Project Natal, no renamed Kinect.
Kinect is a new pherepial for Xbox 360 which will let you use your body as a controller. It have multiple sensors registrating your movements. It can be described as a cross between Wii and the EyeToy. What they showed, Nintendo did years ago. To me it’s almost the samething, but in a new wrapping. You don’t use a controller, but your body. Under you can se some of the demoes showed at the press conference.
Kinect Sports gives you bowling, ping-pong, track & field, boxing, volleyball and soccer. Very much like Wii Sport.
Kinectimals is a pet simulator ala Nintendogs. 40 types of wild cats are available among lion, tiger, leopard, cheetah, black panther and bobcat cubs.
With Your Shape Kinetc you can exercise.
They also introduced the new Xbox 360 “Slim”. A smaller Xbox with 250GB harddrive and built-in WiFi. The price is $299 and it’s available now.
Issue 77 of Retro Gamer have been out for a while now and this is some of the things you can read about:
- Back to the Eightes – June 1988
- Back to the Nineties – December 1992
- The Making of… Zork
- Retroinspection: Sega 32x
- Prince of Persia
- Why You Must Play… Hyper Sports
- From the Archives – Hewson Consultants
- The Unconverted
- The Making of… A Boy and his Blob: Trouble on Blobolonia
- Coin-up Capers: Super Hang-On
- The Making of… Beatle Quest
Before the GameBoy and before the NES, Nintendo made the Game & Watch series. The first Game & Watch was released in 1980 and a total of 60 games was realesed.
Some of the Game & Watch games have been released in compilations on the GameBoy and Nintendo have now startet to release some of the games on Nintendo DSi as DSiWare at 200 DSi points.
I’ve been playing Donkey Kong Jr. which was released on DSi in Europe on Friday April 23rd, 2010. The game mimics the original game that was released in 1982 very well. The screen looks and feels like the old LCD screens on the G&W. I remember playing this game some 25 years ago, and the game is still fun to play.
There are some good G&W games to wait for, but until then, Donkey Kong Jr. is a great buy. Lots of fun for 200 points.
I like old videogames, that’s why I like to read Retro Gamer. This is what you can read in the latest issue of Retro Gamer #75:
- Back to the Eighties – April 1988
- Back to the Nineties – October 1992
- The Making of… The Addams Family
- The Classig Game – REZ
- Retro Shamer: The Scout Steps Out
- From the Archives – Tynesoft
- The Making of… Road Blasters
- Dizzy’s Eggshellent Adventures
- The Unconverted
- Retroinspection: Famicom Disk System
- Why You Must Play… Wonderboy In Monster Land
- In the Chair with John Romero
Retro Gamer can be bought from ImagineShop.co.uk.
There’s a new trailer for Super Mario Galaxy 2. Looks like a good game.