Xbox 360: Dreamfall coming to Xbox Originals on March 24
Dreamlfall is coming to Xbox Originals on March 24 and will cost 1200 points. According to Gamescoreblog.com it will only be available in US, Canada, Switzerland, Germany, France, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, India, Australia, New Zealand.
It’s a bit strange that the game is not available in Norway, since Dreamfall is made by the Norwegian company Funcom. But I’ll hope the game will be available in more countries soon. I’m for that all games should be available in all regions. Anyway, here’s the description of the game:
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, winner of multiple E3 awards as the best game in its genre, is the continuation of a saga that began with the award-winning The Longest Journey. In Dreamfall, prepare for an epic journey of exploration and adventure as you venture through a thrilling and emotional story line.
Dreamfall features a fully interactive world where beautiful music, stunning graphics, fascinating characters, and unparalleled gameplay variety promises to bring the adventure genre into a new era. Prepare for a spiritual, fantastic, and powerful gaming experience.
- Unparalleled variety: Use your brains or your brawn—sneak, fight, or talk your way through the many challenges the game offers. Be polite or rude, threaten or sweet talk—in Dreamfall you make the choice, resulting in a game where you never quite know what to expect next.
- Three characters: Experience the story from three separate perspectives, and learn how their destinies blend together in an epic finale. Each character has unique abilities and world views, giving you constant gameplay variations.
- Three worlds: Dreamfall spans three beautifully realized worlds, multiple chapters, and a stunning number of detailed locations. Travel across a futuristic version of our earth, journey into a magical fantasy realm, and unravel the mysteries of the Winter.
- Unique interaction: Bridging the gap between the classic “point and click” adventure game (where you could click on any given point at the screen) and the action adventure (where you need to move up to an object to interact with it), Dreamfall introduces the brand new focus field feature. In this easy-to-use context-sensitive interface, scan your entire visible environment as seen by the characters, and use it to get information on far away objects and trigger remote gameplay opportunities.
- Thrilling story line: Dreamfall delivers a mature and compelling story line that mixes the futuristic, fantastic, and spiritual with a tale of murder, deceit, and a conspiracy threatening our very existence. Bringing the classic adventure game into the world of the modern action game, Dreamfall is a rare and special story experience.
- Stunning sounds: Listen to an emotional and epic soundtrack in 7.1 Surround Sound. Hear gripping voices as recorded by more than 50 professional actors, and enjoy soundscapes bringing you to the edge of your seat.
- Wide-ranging appeal: Half of the players of the original The Longest Journey were women. With its cinematic approach, believable characters, mature story line, and easy-to-grasp interface, Dreamfall is a game that any teenager or adult can pick up and enjoy, regardless of their gaming background.