Playstation 3 got a firmware update today. The version is now 1.80.
(Source Playstation UK).
- Upscale game or DVD output
- Using remote play (via the Internet)
- Copying saved data to a memory card
- Using the DLNA client feature
Other new or revised features in version 1.80
- [BD 1080p 24 Hz Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [BD/DVD Settings].
- [RGB Full Range (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr Super White (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Bit Mapping (Super Audio CD)] has been added as an option under [Music Settings].
- The [Test Camera] option under [Accessory Settings] has been changed to [Camera Device Settings].
- [Printer Settings] has been added.
- [Media Server Connection] has been added as an option under [Network Settings].
- You can now edit CD information.
- A new type of slideshow display pattern has been added.
- You can now use zoom display for images.
- You can now trim images.
- Super-White and x.v.Colour output are now supported.
- Downscaled output of Blu-ray Discs is now supported. When 720p is selected for the video output setting of the PS3 system, Blu-ray Discs that were recorded with 1080i/1080p resolution can be played with 720p resolution.
- You can now move copy-prohibited saved data for PlayStation format software or PlayStation 2 format software to a PS3 system.
- The options menu items for [Download Management] have been changed.
- [Display Photo] has been added to the voice / video chat options menu.