This week, Wednesday January 30, 2008, we get Rez HD and Chessmaster LIVE on Xbox Live Arcade. Both games will set you back 800 point each.
Set in a cyberworld, the legendary fast-paced action-shooter Rez HD, created by Tetsuya Mizuguchi, will provide the ultimate audiovisual experience as the player targets the enemies and hacks the system while creating their own beats. Rez will open your senses … let’s go to synaesthesia was the watchword when Rez released in 2001 to become a fan favorite. The dynamic, total integration of visual presentation, sound and player input provides the ultimate audiovisual experience.
- Legendary gaming experience: Old-school vector style graphics, sensory response, and beat synchronization sets the title apart and is perfectly recreated in this port for Xbox LIVE® Arcade in high-definition and 5.1 surround sound.
- The world of Rez: Rez consists of five different levels, each with its own unique visual theme and style, musical track and a boss battle at the end. The game also features several different modes and lots of unlockable elements, giving it plenty of replay value.
- Game modes: Play through the five areas in regular or Score Attack mode. Go to the Beyond mode and try Direct Assault, Lost Mode, the free play Trance Mission, or take on all the bosses consecutively in Boss Rush.
- Feel the rhythm: To further enhance the Rez experience, artists including Coldcut, Adam Freeland, Joujouka, Ken Ishii and Keiichi Sugiyama (SEGA’s Wave Master) contributed tracks to the game.
Enjoy playing as a real strategist with the Xbox LIVE® version of the most-acclaimed chess franchise. Chessmaster LIVE allows you to challenge friends and players all over the world in thrilling contests and determine who’s the real champ. Choose among several 3-D (or 2-D) sets and play against virtual characters or real opponents over Xbox LIVE. Solve puzzles and discover exciting variations of this classic board game. Beginners can learn the basics of chess, and veteran players can improve their mastery of the game with the advanced scenario. The game is yours … it’s your move!
- The challenge of chess: Compete against advanced A.I. characters or challenge other Xbox LIVE members to a match.
- New message chess system: Start a game without any time limit, and play the game at your leisure over the course of days or even weeks.
- Chess puzzles and chess variations: Puzzle over a series of classic challenges such as “find the fork” or “mate in one,” and experience new ways of playing chess including Dark Chess, Losing Chess, Extinction Chess, and Progressive Chess.
- Customizable environments: Choose from six 3-D chess sets and three traditional sets, each with their own distinct sound effects, piece and board design.
- Interact with opponents: Video options allow you to see your challenger during the course of the game.
Forslag til innlegg:
- Xbox 360: Arkadian Warriors and GripShift on XBLA, December 12 (50%)
- Xbox 360: Metal Slug 3 coming to XBLA on January 2, 2008 (50%)
- Xbox 360: Omega Five and Tron on XBLA this week (50%)
- Xbox 360: Boogie Bunnies on XBLA (Wednesday January 16, 2008) (50%)
- Xbox 360: Undertow will be free next week on XBLA (50%)