GamePark Holdings announced on August 26, 2008, that they will release GP2X Wiz in October. GP2X Wiz is the successor to GP2X, both are open source systems. The new GP2X Wiz will have a OLED touchscreen and will be able to play Flash 7.
Specifications (taken from Wikipedia.org):
- Chipset: MagicEyes Pollux System-on-a-Chip
- CPU: 533MHz ARM9 3D Accelerator
- NAND Flash ROM: 1 GB
- RAM: SDRAM 64 MB
- Operating System: GNU/Linux-based OS
- Storage: SD Card
- Connection to PC: USB 2.0 High Speed
- USB Host: USB 2.0
- Power: Internal 2000mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
- Display: 320×240 2.8 inch OLED Touch Screen
- Microphone Input
- Physical size: 121 mm wide, 61 mm high, 18 mm deep
- Weight: 98 g (without battery), 136 g (with battery)
GP2X Wiz Game System can be pre-ordered from Play-Asia.com for US$ 179.90. Release date is Ocotber 9, 2008.