Sony updated the PSP firmware from v4.05 to v5.0. So it’s a major update. And the big news is that PlayStation Store now is available for PSP.
So here is the full quote from PlayStation.uk:
An update to the PSP system software was released on October 15, 2008. If you update your PSP system, the system software version will be 5.00 and the following features will be updated.
Main features updated in version 5.00
PlayStation®Store is now available on the PSP™ system
- Using a Wireless network connection, you can now download (as a purchase or for free) products such as games, additional items for games, or video content for use on the PSP system.
The feature for outputting video from PlayStation® format software to a TV has been improved (PSP-2000 only)
- You can now output video from PlayStation format software to a TV in full-screen size.
You can now use video output cables that do not support video in progressive mode to output video from PlayStation format software to a TV.
- The number of file types that can be played has been increased to include MPEG-4 AVC (H.264) Video Main Profile (AVC CABAC) in 640 x 480 pixels
- Hint: Some video files of this type may not be playable.
- [Sleep Timer] has been added as an option on the control panel.
- [Title Display] has been added as an option under [Video Settings].
- [USB Auto Connect] has been added as an option under [System Settings].
- [Backlight Auto-Adjust] has been added as an option under [Power Save Settings].
- The default Theme for the PSP system has been redesigned.
- You can now use a full-size on-screen keyboard.
Here is a YouTube video I made to show off the new PlayStation Store on PSP.
Forslag til innlegg: